If you’re retiring in Northern Colorado or just transitioning to an empty-nest lifestyle, Windsor, Fort Collins and Loveland offer plenty of ways to enjoy your golden (or not-quite-golden-yet) years.
You’ll have plenty of planned activities to round out your social calendar and with more on-site amenities than any independent adult community in the area, there are always ways to fill your days at 55 Resort Apartments at Water Valley. But a vibrant independent adult community isn’t reason enough to consider retiring in Northern Colorado: There’s plenty to keep you busy year-round.
- The Performing Arts: Touring stage productions visit the Fort Collins Lincoln Center year-round, and Loveland’s Rialto Theater is home to breathtaking local and nationally touring productions. Greeley’s Union Colony Civic Center hosts more than 100 Broadway shows, musicals and concerts every year.
- Golf: 55 Resort Apartments at Water Valley members can enjoy membership at nearby Pelican Lakes Golf Club, and more than 100 holes of golf are also waiting to be played in public courses in Windsor, Fort Collins and Loveland.
- The Visual Arts: Loveland is a mecca for artists, and the Loveland Museum/Gallery hosts exhibits by regional and national artists. Enjoy sculptures and the outdoors at Benson Sculpture Garden or Chapungu Sculpture Park in Loveland. Fort Collins’ Museum of Art, Colorado State University’s art department’s many galleries and the University of Northern Colorado’s gallery system regularly hang internationally known artists.
- Biking: With more than 285 miles of bike trails in Fort Collins and 100 miles of in-town bike lanes in Greeley and publicly maintained paths crisscrossing Loveland and Windsor, you’ll have miles to explore on two wheels.
- Water Recreation: With Windsor Lake, Boyd Lake State Park, Lake Loveland, and Horsetooth Reservoir all within a few minutes’ drive, anglers, boaters and swimmers will be busy all summer.
- Outdoor Festivals: Residents of Northern Colorado love to get outside and celebrate, with more than two dozen major outdoor festivals each year. Local favorites include Bohemian Nights at New West Fest, the Taste of Fort Collins, the Loveland Fire & Ice Festival, the Greeley Stampede and Oktoberfests in Greeley, Loveland and Fort Collins.
- Beer Culture: As home to more than a dozen craft breweries, Fort Collins has been dubbed “the Napa Valley of beer,” and nine in Loveland, beer lovers can taste hundreds of locally crafted beers. Favorites include New Belgium Brewing, Loveland Aleworks, Horse and Dragon Brewing and WeldWorks Brewing.
Retiring in Northern Colorado offers a wide variety of opportunities to enjoy yourself, and 55 Resort Apartments at Water Valley is a perfect complement for independent adults to enjoy an engaged, active lifestyle. Call 833-LEASE-55 (833-532-7335) to schedule your tour of the grounds today and see for yourself.